ACNANO: Say no to acne…
- Nanotechnology based product Micro-emulsion (improved penetration)
- Targeting multiple mechanisms together i.e., anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and hormonal.
- Prevents black heads/white heads formation.
- Restores skin glow.
- It does not leave any stain and is non-sticky in nature.
- Better patient compliance roll-on application.
- Free form preservatives and toxic chemicals.
Clinical trial conducted 80 patients within the age group: 13 – 50 years old.
Primary Objectives: To observe the efficacy of ACNANO as assessed by clinical evaluation and laboratory parameters by investigator.
Results & observation: Treatment Duration – 15 days.
All patients experienced full resolution with the following observations:
- Reduction in pus formation
- Reduction in inflammation & Redness
- Reduction in pain
This study was undertaken to determine the antimicrobial susceptibility of ACNANO (a poly-herbal nano-emulsion) in comparison to Adapalene 0.1% against acne causing microbes Propionibacterium acnes, Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidis along with some other dermal disease causing microbes such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Morganella morganii, Enterobacter cloacae, Escherichia coli, Citrobacter braakii, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Acinetobacter baumannii, Proteus vulgaris, yeast such as Saccharomyces cerevisiae and fungi Candida albicans and Aspergillus niger.
Route of Administration:
Schematic diagram of nanotechnology based SMEDDS for better topical absorption.
Dosage Form / Strength:
- Contains Tea tree oil (Meleleuca leucodendron), Rosemary oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), and lemon juice (Citrus limon).
- Acnano harnesses the potential of nanotechnology of self nano / micro emulsifying drug delivery system (SMEDDS), developed and patented for better therapeutic efficacy.
- This novel SMEDDS technology also improves the stability of the product.
- Advantages of an SMEDDS includes spontaneous formation, ease of manufacture, thermodynamic stability and improved solubilization of bioactive materials.
- The average particle size in Acnano is 0.5p which allows quick and deep penetration in the skin leading to faster onset of action and pain/inflammation relief.
- No toxicity due to lower drug concentration and tissue redistribution.
Dosage & Administration: (For typical use only.)
Particle size of ACNANO is in nano-meters and is smaller than the pore size of skin, therefore, vigorous rubbing is not required. Apply thin layer gently to the affected area twice daily after washing. Use enough to form a layer on the affected are for not more than 15 seconds on each spot.
ACNANO may be applied 3-4 times a day topically for chronic conditions after proper washing / cleaning. It is advisable to initiate and administer ACNANO under the supervision of a physician qualified and experienced dermatologist in case of severe / chronic skin diseases or hypersensitive skin.
Use in specific populations:
- The safety and efficacy of ACNANO in pregnancy has not been established.
- It is not known whether ACNANO is excreted in human milk. Caution should be exercised when ACNANO is applied to a nursing woman.
- Safety and effectiveness have not been established in pediatric patients below 12 years of age.
- Clinical studies of ACNANO did not include subjects >65 years of age / older to determine whether they respond differently than younger subjects. Safety and effectiveness in geriatric patients age 65 and above have not been established.
- 6ml glass bottle with roll-on application.